Director of Corporate Social Responsibility
• Oversee and manage Apogee’s extensive global philanthropic and environmental activity.
• Initiate relationships with charitable organizations that benefit from Apogee’s pro audio products such as “Playing for Change”.
• Maintain and write articles for the outreach portion of the company’s website.
• Research and keep records on projects in development.
• Manage and prioritize contact with the schools, charities and organizations the company supports in the U.S. and abroad.
• Facilitate staff involvement in our charities by organizing biannual trips to the orphanages we support in Mexico, and more frequent volunteer opportunities in Los Angeles, where Apogee’s headquarters is based.
• Reduced Apogee’s ecological footprint by eliminating the use of unnecessary packaging materials in our products worldwide, reusing aluminum and metal parts in our hardware, and limiting the company’s electricity and water usage with Apogee’s solar panels, energy efficient lighting, water filtration system and reusable kitchenware.
• Initiated a “Bike to Work” employee incentive program.